Westbury Road Medical Practice - News
Westbury Road Medical Practice is relocating to 32 Westbury Road, opposite to the current location. We will have both premises open until 1st week of January 2019. The phone number, fax number and email address will remain the same.
The new address is 32 Westbury Road, London E7 8BU
Read More »
GDPR stands for General Data Protection Regulations and is a new piece of legislation that will supersede the Data Protection Act. It will not only apply to the UK and EU; it covers anywhere in the world in which data about EU citizens is processed.
The GDPR is similar to the Data Protection Act (DPA) 1998 (which the practice already complies with), but strengthens many of the DPA’s principles. The main changes are:
• Practices must comply with subject access requests
• Where we need your consent to process data, this consent must be freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous
• There are new, special protections for patient data
• The Information Commissioner’s Office must be notified within 72 hours of a data breach
• Higher fines for data breaches – up to 20 million euros
Read More »