Visit NHS.uk for the latest guidance on coronavirus COVID-19, including symptom checker, self-care and social distancing.
Refer to NHS 111 Online to check if you have coronavirus symptoms. If you have severe COVID-19 symptoms and need further advice call NHS 111 — not the surgery.
Isolation Notes are available online from NHS 111, if you are self-isolating and need a note for your employer.
Further help, guidance available from our COVID-19 Local Support page.
TO GET TESTED AND ISOLATE
CALL 119 (7AM – 11PM) CALL 02074739711 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Important information about the coronavirus (COVID-19)
The NHS in Newham and Public Health England (PHE) are well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases. The NHS has put in place measures to ensure the safety of all patients and NHS staff while also ensuring services are available to the public as normal.
The latest information on symptoms of Coronovirus infection can be found on nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/
Check if you or your child has coronavirus symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus (COVID-19), get a test as soon as possible. Stay at home until you get the result.
The main symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- Get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible.
- Stay at home and do not have visitors until you get your test result – only leave your home to have a test.
Anyone you live with, and anyone in your support bubble, must also stay at home until you get your result. Get a test to check if you have coronavirus